Seahawks or Patriots
That is the question on everyones mind this weekend. I am not much of a football fan (I enjoy playing it, not so much watching it) but my family is crazy about it. Every year my husband and brother pick a team, just to bug them a little I go for the opposing team (everyone needs a cheerleader right?). This year the pick of the family is the Seattle Seahawks, so naturally I am going to cheer for the New England Patriots. Two of the things I look forward to on Super Bowl Sunday are 1) the commercials and 2) snacking with the family. This year instead of doing the same snacks I am going to change it up a bit. Let’s show our team pride by eating the team colors. Confused?
15 Quick Snack Ideas!
Party like a PATRIOT:
Colors: Red, White and Blue
- Yogurt Parfaits with any green or blue fruits
- Layer on the fruits, alternately
- Top with yogurt, granola and a small blueberry
- I would recommend this recipe: http://bit.ly/19VmSD9
- Pair it with some whole grain crackers or pita chips
- Warm Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- I enjoy the quinoa chips from Trader Joes, their hexagonal and blue in color!
- Blue Corn Chips and Homemade Guacamole
- Asparagus Fries
- Zucchini Fries
- Kale Chips
- Baked Fries
- Blueberries and Kiwis
- Honeydew, Blueberries and Kiwis
- Green Grapes and Blueberries
- Fruit Kabobs
- Strawberry and Blueberry layered smoothie.
Snack like a SEAHAWK:
Colors: Blue and Green
- Fruit Kabobs:
- Strawberries, Bananas and Blueberries
- Raspberries, Bananas and Blueberries
- with a Vanilla Bean or Blueberry Yogurt Dip (granola optional)
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries (my FAV)
- Roasted Red Potatoes
- seasoned with garlic, parsley, salt and pepper
- Grilled Shrimp Tacos with a Fire Roasted Pepper Salsa and topped with Pomegranate
- I love this recipe http://bit.ly/1tNQNwJ
- Veggie Quesadilla with Red Bell Peppers and Tomato Salsa side
- Veggie Platter
- Red Bell Peppers
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Granny Smith Apple Chips
- Cut apples in circles
- Bake them
- Top with cinnamon and sugar
- Chili with Blue Corn Chips
- Grilled Shrimp Tacos with Guacamole and Cilantro Yogurt Dip
- ENJOY the SuperBowl
- Eat in Moderation. Use smaller plates to eat with to help control portion size.
Share your snack pics please!